Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Insurance

Health 

My employer's health insurance does not cover travel vaccinations or anti-malaria pills. Nonetheless, I submitted a written reimbursement claim, and was told my claim would be processed in 6-8 weeks.  It was denied by email the next day.


Emergency Sickness, Medical, Evacuation

I purchased 
  • Emergency Sickness Insurance
  • Emergency Medical Insurance and
  • Emergency Evacuation Insurance.

Other coverages were 'bundled' with the above coverages.  (Thanks to Verizon, Cox Cable and Comcast Cable, 'bundling' is virtually a swear word. Am I right?!) 
  • Accidental Death & Dismemberment
  • Repatriation of Remains Baggage/Personal Effects and 
  • travel insurance (Trip Cancellation, Interruption, Delay and Baggage Delay).  
Instead of buying this policy - of 6 bundled coverages - through the expedition company for $380, I bought it through my local car insurance agent (Nationwide).  Nationwide offered two policies (also bundled with the 6 coverages) for $210 and $270, with different coverage limits.  I opted for the $210.

Link to next blog post:  Species of Interest

1 comment:

  1. How efficient of your employer (or their TPA) to deny you so quickly so that you could make other plans!

    ReplyDelete